E-Learning otherwise called Electronic learning. It is one of the most innovative designs through which you can learn and get trained through the digital device. Also, it includes watching a video related to your subjects, even an article which is exciting. It will help you to gain knowledge through the use of a computer. And by using the internet, you can learn what you wish.
Moreover, the multimedia is very useful for video streaming, audio recording and webcam will be used for videoconferencing. Many students who want to get educated to the higher level and not able to go to the campus they learn through these e-learning classes online.
Elliot Masie is the one who coined this term e-learning in the year 1999. Moreover, his speech at the Techlearn conference was amazing, and he delivered a statement- E-learning is nothing tough instead it is the network technology which is to administer, design, deliver, select and extend the learning.
In the Year 2000, A new technology called OLAT was released and known as the first learning management system. SCORM also published on that year which was helpful for the users to package content in a standard format and also to distribute it within the LMS.
Mobiles became more prevalent in early 2000. Later tablets and smartphones were introduced. Also, not only mobiles were used to make calls but to watch videos, playing games, reading books which you like. Nowadays, mobiles are the best choice for e-learning access. Moreover, it used for both education and business.
Benefits Of E-Learning
In the current scenario, many companies from a large organization to a small startup company, use this e-learning to improve the skills of their employees. Also, used for the next development like upgrading their qualifications, introducing new skills and teaching them.
- Low Training Cost: Moreover, for larger organizations, this e-learning will be the best cost-effective one. Also, it reduces the training time. Compared to classroom-based training, this learning is much more effective. You can apply for the online courses and then share it with your employees.
- Can learn from your place with the help of the digital device and internet access.
- You can find less social interaction and also unnecessary chats.
- Have less time to start, also end up learning the session.
- Also, can learn what is essential for you and can skip the elements of the subject matter.
- You don’t have to travel from one place to another place.
Therefore, the time and cost of training drastically reduced because of e-learning.
- Coverage: You can train hundreds and hundreds of employees across all the companies in the world. Usually, no employees will have time to attend classroom training during their busy schedules. In this case, e-learning is the best friend for everyone. You need a digital device and proper internet access.
- Knowledge Base: All the materials for learning will be stored in one particular place called LMS. Moreover, the employees can log in at any time they prefer. And search for the course which is required for them. Later start refreshing your memory.
- Employee Development: Normal trainers apart from e-learning will be very slow. Because it usually depends on the trainers working hours. Whereas, in e-learning, the LMS will be available at any time. However, the employees can start learning at any time even at home or at breaks.
- Tracking Progress: LMS analytics will help you to show the employee’s progress in graphs and reports.
Effectiveness Of E-Learning
People collect much information, and learning is absorbed in different ways and speeds. E-Learning is a very versatile learning system. Also, it helps the individual and the organization to train at its best based on specific circumstances. Therefore, many individuals and companies choose only online e-learning technology.